Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Personal Appeal From Guy - Let's Save the Elephants


Many of my friends and colleagues have already heard from me about this, but I want to make one last appeal before the run at the Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx Zoo) next Saturday.

Don't know if you're interested in this kind of thing, but I'm taking seriously the impact of all the poaching of the elephants in Africa.

It's now become a true epidemic, and I'm doing a little fund-raising here in New York.

I don't think I need to go into a lot of detail, for almost anyone who knows me knows how much I love Kenya and all our friends and our "Kenya family" there.

Kenya - and all of Africa - is in the grips of a horrible tragedy now, as gangsters have taken to slaughtering the magnificent elephants for the ivory.

I've written about this on my personal blog, with the entry entitled Guy's Elephant Walk - Let's Save the Elephants.

I'm using the blog to invite people to join me in supporting the Wildlife Conservation Society in its work to save the elephants and to stop the awful poaching, and I hope you will support this work, too.

For my part, I will be participating in the WCS Run for the Wild on Saturday, April 27 (I'll be walking - I'm not a runner). I invite you to join me in contributing to this important fund.

If you would like to know more, go directly to the blog post or, if you prefer, just go directly to my appeal, which is published on the Wildlife Conservation Society's site.

Thank you very much for thinking about this. And to give you a couple of images to show you why I love these magnificent creatures so much, here are two photos from the last time I visited the elephant orphanage in Nairobi. I had earlier written about the elephant orphanage here (the post includes a link to more photos, too). Please join me in supporting the Wildlife Conservation Society as we seek to learn more about the elephants and try to figure out how to stop the poaching.



No comments: