Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Save the Elephants: One Last Appeal from Mr. Guy



By now you've seen what I've written about this on my personal blog, with the entry entitled Guy's Elephant Walk - Let's Save the Elephants.

I'm using the blog to invite people to join me in supporting the Wildlife Conservation Society in its work to save the elephants and to stop the awful poaching, and I hope you will support this work, too.

For my part, I will be participating in the WCS Run for the Wild on Saturday, April 27 (I'll be walking - I'm not a runner).

Please join me in contributing to this important fund. We've done very well with our campaign, but we can use more contributions.

If you want to know more, go directly to the blog post or, if you prefer, just go directly to my appeal, which is published on the Wildlife Conservation Society's site.

And here's one last thought: I heard this quotation recently, and as a grandfather of six granddaughters and one grandson, it really spoke to me:

"The question is, are we happy to suppose that our grandchildren may never be able to see an elephant except in a picture book?" (David Attenborough)

Think about it.

Please join me in supporting the Wildlife Conservation Society as we seek to learn more about the elephants and try to figure out how to stop the poaching.

No comments: